TQuery BLOB Field size limit

I'm going against MS SQL Server 7.0 and I've been having a problem with
TQueries and the Blob Size limitation.  The max allowable BLOB Size is 1 MB
in the BDE Admin and I need to be able to retrieve BLOBs that are larger
than that.  To this point, the only way I've been able to get it to work is
to use a TTable, but for obvious reasons I would rather not use a TTable to
go against MSSQL.  Does anyone have any suggestions, workarounds as to how
to retrieve the entire BLOB when working with TQueries?

Thanks.

Re:TQuery BLOB Field size limit

There is a bug fixed in this area. Next release of the BDE will have the fix.

T.Ramesh.

joe wrote:
> I'm going against MS SQL Server 7.0 and I've been having a problem with
> TQueries and the Blob Size limitation.  The max allowable BLOB Size is 1 MB
> in the BDE Admin and I need to be able to retrieve BLOBs that are larger
> than that.  To this point, the only way I've been able to get it to work is
> to use a TTable, but for obvious reasons I would rather not use a TTable to
> go against MSSQL.  Does anyone have any suggestions, workarounds as to how
> to retrieve the entire BLOB when working with TQueries?

> Thanks.

Re:TQuery BLOB Field size limit

I have the same problem of the 1 MB limit for a BLOB field in a query.  I
agree that using a TTable is not a good solution.  Will the BDE next release
allow more than 1 MB?  When will it be available?  I am using SQL Server 6.5
and it can store 2.7 GB in a BLOB field.

Tom deBettencourt
PCR Software Solutions
tdeb...@pcrsoft.com

Ramesh Theivendran wrote in message <36940377.AC89F...@inprise.com>...
>There is a bug fixed in this area. Next release of the BDE will have the
fix.

>T.Ramesh.

>joe wrote:

>> I'm going against MS SQL Server 7.0 and I've been having a problem with
>> TQueries and the Blob Size limitation.  The max allowable BLOB Size is 1
MB
>> in the BDE Admin and I need to be able to retrieve BLOBs that are larger
>> than that.  To this point, the only way I've been able to get it to work
is
>> to use a TTable, but for obvious reasons I would rather not use a TTable
>> go against MSSQL.  Does anyone have any suggestions, workarounds as to
how
>> to retrieve the entire BLOB when working with TQueries?

>> Thanks.

Re:TQuery BLOB Field size limit

I have the pre-release version of the SQL Server 7 BDE driver.  Is this the
version that it is fixed in or will it be in a subsequent release?

Thanks
.

Ramesh Theivendran wrote in message <36940377.AC89F...@inprise.com>...
>There is a bug fixed in this area. Next release of the BDE will have the
fix.

>T.Ramesh.

>joe wrote:

>> I'm going against MS SQL Server 7.0 and I've been having a problem with
>> TQueries and the Blob Size limitation.  The max allowable BLOB Size is 1
MB
>> in the BDE Admin and I need to be able to retrieve BLOBs that are larger
>> than that.  To this point, the only way I've been able to get it to work
is
>> to use a TTable, but for obvious reasons I would rather not use a TTable
>> go against MSSQL.  Does anyone have any suggestions, workarounds as to
how
>> to retrieve the entire BLOB when working with TQueries?

>> Thanks.

Other Threads