Service App under Windows 98 & NT

Delphi allows one to easily create a service application for Windows NT.
Unfortunately, this application cannot run under Windows 98. To write a
pseudo-service for Windows 98, one must write an application that hides
itself from the taskbar and that starts automatically from the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

What I am trying to do is an application that can do both: be installed as a
service under NT or under Windows 98. Did anybody attempt that before?

Any advice much appreciated.

Philippe Bruno

Re:Service App under Windows 98 & NT

Just for your information, I found a nice package that does exactly what I
was looking for: SvCom from Alexey Dynnikov. His website is at the following
address:

http://www.aldyn.ru/products/svcom/index.html

Philippe Bruno

"Philippe Bruno" <pbr...@scanpak.com> wrote in message

> Delphi allows one to easily create a service application for Windows NT.
> Unfortunately, this application cannot run under Windows 98. To write a
> pseudo-service for Windows 98, one must write an application that hides
> itself from the taskbar and that starts automatically from the registry:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

> What I am trying to do is an application that can do both: be installed as
> service under NT or under Windows 98. Did anybody attempt that before?

> Any advice much appreciated.

> Philippe Bruno

Other Threads