Problems saving files after installing D5 Enterprise

I just installed Borland Delphi 5 Enterprise. Does anyone know why I can
not save files in Delphi 5 IDE.  When I attempt to resave a file, I get
the following error, " Unable to rename [filename.pas] to
[filename.~pas].  I am running on Windows 98.  The only way to save the
files is to delete all of the files on the hard drive (with explorer)
and then save them. Can I disable this rename function somehow?  Thanks
JD

Re:Problems saving files after installing D5 Enterprise

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:29:27 -0800, John Denes <jde...@atmprof.com>
wrote:

>I just installed Borland Delphi 5 Enterprise. Does anyone know why I can
>not save files in Delphi 5 IDE.  When I attempt to resave a file, I get
>the following error, " Unable to rename [filename.pas] to
>[filename.~pas].  I am running on Windows 98.

It sounds as if the files are marked with the read-only attribute.

-Steve

Other Threads