Board index » delphi » Minimum Install

Minimum Install

Can anyone tell me what files I need for a minimum install.
Also, what registry entries I need to make etc.

Thanks

Pete

 

Re:Minimum Install


"Peter Morris" <pete@_NOSPAM_stuckindoors.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:9if5n2$a63$1@linux.mers.com...

Quote
> Can anyone tell me what files I need for a minimum install.
> Also, what registry entries I need to make etc.

ftp://ftpc.inprise.com/pub/interbase/techpubs/embedded_installation_g...
f
--

Regards,
Tilo Muetze

Re:Minimum Install


On the PDF I read.

"The guide is not meant to cover InterBase software versions other than 5.5.
If you use this guide
to design embedded installations for other versions of InterBase, the
software is likely to be
installed improperly and might not function."

Are the Interbase6 totally complaint with the
embedded_installation_guide.pdf ?

"Peter Morris" <pete@_NOSPAM_stuckindoors.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Quote
> news:9if5n2$a63$1@linux.mers.com...
> > Can anyone tell me what files I need for a minimum install.
> > Also, what registry entries I need to make etc.

ftp://ftpc.inprise.com/pub/interbase/techpubs/embedded_installation_g...
Quote
> f
> --

> Regards,
> Tilo Muetze

Re:Minimum Install


Quote
> Are the Interbase6 totally complaint with the
> embedded_installation_guide.pdf ?

No.

Entries on the registry aren't on Interbase Corp but Borland instead. Better
take a look at:

http://ibinstall.defined.net/

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software
http://www.geocities.com/logicasw/

"Saci" <nos...@bol.com.br> escribi en el mensaje news:3b4b4e19$1_1@dnews...

Quote
> On the PDF I read.

> "The guide is not meant to cover InterBase software versions other than
5.5.
> If you use this guide
> to design embedded installations for other versions of InterBase, the
> software is likely to be
> installed improperly and might not function."

> "Peter Morris" <pete@_NOSPAM_stuckindoors.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:9if5n2$a63$1@linux.mers.com...
> > > Can anyone tell me what files I need for a minimum install.
> > > Also, what registry entries I need to make etc.

ftp://ftpc.inprise.com/pub/interbase/techpubs/embedded_installation_g...

- Show quoted text -

Quote
> > f
> > --

> > Regards,
> > Tilo Muetze

Re:Minimum Install


"Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3b4b5157_1@dnews...

Quote
> Entries on the registry aren't on Interbase Corp but Borland instead.
Better
> take a look at:

But for a general understanding how an install of IB of Fb should work the
file is the best source. All mentioned programs like instsvc or instreg work
as expected for IB 6 and Fb.
--

Regards,
Tilo Muetze

Other Threads