Corrupted tables using SQL functions with Paradox tables and BDE 5.01

Problem using the BDE v5.01 with Paradox database in SQL mode
Programmed with Delphi 4 client/server version (Upgraded with service pack
#3)

We developed a mass business application in SQL mode to be able to support
different platform depending on size of installation base of each customer.
In the installation of some customers with only a few stations, we use the
Native Paradox tables.

Problems:

1) A corrupted table message sometimes appear.  We exit and re-enter the
program and the tables are fine.
2) Sometimes, the transaction tables get effectively corrupted.
3) The information is not written or committed fast enough, there is,
sometimes, a lead time between the update of data and the possible retrieve
by another user or function on the same station.

Present configuration

- BDE Paradox  -> Lock file in the same directory for all
- BDE System    -> Local share is True

Thank you.

Andre Gilbert
e-mail:  infog...@generation.net

Re:Corrupted tables using SQL functions with Paradox tables and BDE 5.01

Are the tables located on a dedicated file server?

=Bill=

WmBurke(TeamB) wrote in message <7b7vok$k...@forums.borland.com>...

>Are the tables located on a dedicated file server?

>=Bill=

Yes. They are located on a dedicated NT server 4.0
Thanks for your attention.

"Type Your Name Here" <youY N...@mercato.concordia.ca> wrote:

>WmBurke(TeamB) wrote in message <7b7vok$k...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Are the tables located on a dedicated file server?
>Yes. They are located on a dedicated NT server 4.0

Check this:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI3342.html

Especially cause paras 3 & 5:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q165/4/03.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/3/71.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q129/2/02.asp

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Re:Corrupted tables using SQL functions with Paradox tables and BDE 5.01

Thanks a lot Chris.

Andr Gilbert
infog...@generation.net

Chris Roberts