Retrieving error messages from SQL Server through ADO

I am writing a Delphi 6 application that uses a SQL 2000 database.
One of my stored procedures has PRINT statements which are shown to the user
during the execution of the procedure to inform them of any steps that they
need to take to further process the customer claim form..
Is there anyway to retrieve these PRINT messages from SQL Server once the
procedure has finished executing, and show them to the user inside the
Delphi application?

Regards,
    Tim Karmiste

Re:Retrieving error messages from SQL Server through ADO

>I am writing a Delphi 6 application that uses a SQL 2000 database.
>One of my stored procedures has PRINT statements which are shown to the user
>during the execution of the procedure to inform them of any steps that they
>need to take to further process the customer claim form..
>Is there anyway to retrieve these PRINT messages from SQL Server once the
>procedure has finished executing, and show them to the user inside the
>Delphi application?

If there is I do now know about it.  But what seems like the right way to do it
for me is to drop the Print statements and instead use return Parameters.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Retrieving error messages from SQL Server through ADO

Have a look at

maybe of some use.

Herman Fr?berg

"Tim Karmiste" <t...@specapps.com> wrote in message

> I am writing a Delphi 6 application that uses a SQL 2000 database.
> One of my stored procedures has PRINT statements which are shown to the
user
> during the execution of the procedure to inform them of any steps that
they
> need to take to further process the customer claim form..
> Is there anyway to retrieve these PRINT messages from SQL Server once the
> procedure has finished executing, and show them to the user inside the
> Delphi application?

> Regards,
>     Tim Karmiste

Other Threads