Help with a "transaction monitor"

I have a requirement to create a transaction monitor.  This is a area on
a form or dialog in which data from a transaction source is displayed in
real time.  I've got it all working.  The transaction data source is a
DCOM component which pushes its data to me via a connection point.  The
text data is then added to a TListView.  If the TListView has more than
500 items already, I delete the first item.  The problem I have is that
the TListview flickers horribly and there seems to be no way to do
double-buffering or any other flicker-reduction method on the beast.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to make the TListview
cleaner or pointers to better implementations that don't flicker.

Thanks,

Glenn

Re:Help with a "transaction monitor"

Glenn,

Have you tried using BeginUpdate before adding or deleting an item,
and EndUpdate afterwards?

If that doesn't do it, you can always resort to LockWindowUpdate
before and after; this has a slightly unpleasant side-effect of
making the Windows Desktop flicker a little, but it might minimize
the overall flicker somewhat...

HTH

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Glenn Clapp wrote:

> I have a requirement to create a transaction monitor.  This is a area on
> a form or dialog in which data from a transaction source is displayed in
> real time.  I've got it all working.  The transaction data source is a
> DCOM component which pushes its data to me via a connection point.  The
> text data is then added to a TListView.  If the TListView has more than
> 500 items already, I delete the first item.  The problem I have is that
> the TListview flickers horribly and there seems to be no way to do
> double-buffering or any other flicker-reduction method on the beast.

> I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to make the TListview
> cleaner or pointers to better implementations that don't flicker.

> Thanks,

> Glenn

Other Threads