Quickreport + HP 4100 dtn duplex printin

Hi!

    I'm using Delphi 3 Pro + Quickreport 2.0k Standard. This combination has
been working fine meeting all our requirements. But, now here the problem.
Our customer bought a HP 4100 dtn with duplex option. And, wow, the printer
works fine from Word and other apps, but from our app it ALWAYS prints the
2nd page upside down, no matter how I set the options of the printer driver
and on the Quickreport form the setting printer-duplex.
    So if anyone had this problem I would like to know if&how it has to be
done. If necessary we will buy the Quickreport 3.0 Pro edition (till now no
need).

    Hope someone can help!
BTW, I wrote to QBS Software Ltd and they said that Borland gives support
for the standard version, but I couldn find where on their site, so I am
posting my problem 2 U.

    TIA,

        Zina.

Re:Quickreport + HP 4100 dtn duplex printin

Sinisa Ivanek wrote:

> BTW, I wrote to QBS Software Ltd and they said that Borland gives support
> for the standard version, but I couldn find where on their site,

I'm afraid the counterpart from Borland will be a newsgroup only,
and there the TeamB members.

Try looking this, and you'll at least find QR folks with the same
kind of problems
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=fi&lr=&threadm=3af6d265_2%40dnews&...

You'll probably need the QR source anyway, if you mean to solve
the problem programmatically.

Or try running HP 4100 with older driver, like HP LaserJet III
driver. If it works and prints, you'll loose duplex printing.
But it may still satisfy your customer. At least if that's the
only option there is available anyway.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads