Fixing 'Index out of Date' error

Hi,

Wondering the best way to achieve the following:

Catch an 'index out of date error' and automatically rebuild the index (for
Paradox table).  I assume the error is triggered on opening the table, so
where is the best place to catch it, and which error message numbers should
I be looking for?

Thanks

Alex

Re:Fixing 'Index out of Date' error

If I can add, I'm looking for a generic way of doing this as I do not want,
if possible, to have to code every table component in the whole project to
achieve this.

Regards

Alex

"Alex Vasitch" <alex@deleteme_favour.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi,

> Wondering the best way to achieve the following:

> Catch an 'index out of date error' and automatically rebuild the index
(for
> Paradox table).  I assume the error is triggered on opening the table, so
> where is the best place to catch it, and which error message numbers
should
> I be looking for?

> Thanks

> Alex

Re:Fixing 'Index out of Date' error

Well... why not look at the signature of this posting?  :-)

Alex Vasitch wrote:

> If I can add, I'm looking for a generic way of doing this as I do not want,
> if possible, to have to code every table component in the whole project to
> achieve this.

> Regards

> Alex

> "Alex Vasitch" <alex@deleteme_favour.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > Wondering the best way to achieve the following:

> > Catch an 'index out of date error' and automatically rebuild the index
> (for
> > Paradox table).  I assume the error is triggered on opening the table, so
> > where is the best place to catch it, and which error message numbers
> should
> > I be looking for?

> ChimneySweep(R):  Release 4.0 is here!!

Re:Fixing 'Index out of Date' error

I would also be interested in hearing a solution to this. Also, I am curious
as to what might be happening with my app to cause a maintained secondary
index to become 'out of date' particularly as the date/timestamp on the db,
px, and x03/y03 files are all the same.

Regards and thanks for raising the issue Alex.

Mike O'Grady

See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15209,00.html .

--
Bill