Stored Proc Parameters problems

Hello everybody

I have a lot of app that use the same stored proc and when i add one more
parameter to it, i have to recompile all app. Is there a way to so, without
recompile all the app, i mean, add a parameter and a app which doesn't know
that the do exists still works.

Any ideas

Alessandro BAM
Brazil

Re:Stored Proc Parameters problems

Give the parameter a default value in the SP.

John Pierce

Re:Stored Proc Parameters problems

tanx, that worked for me...

:)

John Pierce <jpie...@healthplanning.com> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:3C7E8F8B.194A2...@healthplanning.com...

> Give the parameter a default value in the SP.

> John Pierce

Re:Stored Proc Parameters problems

Hey John

i tought it worked for me, but my parameters
are output parameters. Is there a way to "assign" default values for out
parameters in oracle?

tanx

Alessandro BAM
Brazil

Alessandro BAM wrote:
> are output parameters. Is there a way to "assign" default values for out
> parameters in oracle?

No, but if you return a ref cursor instead of OUT parameters, you can fill
in a default value in the  SP itself.

John Pierce

Other Threads