Accessing Long Filenames under Win95 dos session

I want to rewrite the DOS DIR command to display the long filenames
that Windows 95 uses using Turbo Pascal 7.0.  How do you access these
names?  Using the FinFirst, FindNext only display the truncated
filenames.  (IE: PROGRA~1 rather than Program Files)  Any assistance
will be appreciated.

Re:Accessing Long Filenames under Win95 dos session

the...@pacificnet.net wrote:

: I want to rewrite the DOS DIR command to display the long filenames
: that Windows 95 uses using Turbo Pascal 7.0.  How do you access these
: names?  Using the FinFirst, FindNext only display the truncated
: filenames.  (IE: PROGRA~1 rather than Program Files)  Any assistance
: will be appreciated.
:

Hello,

An easier solution would be to use 4DOS. 4DOS is a COMMAND.COM replacement
and its builtin DIR command use long filenames under Win95.

--

                                Balazs Scheidler

| Author of Turbo Vision Resource WorkShop, the ultimate resource toolkit |
| for Turbo Vision for Pascal and C++. You can get the latest version at  |
| ftp://tolna.hungary.net/pub/tvrw/tvrw33d.zip                            |
| ftp://simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/turbovis/tvrw33d.zip               |

Other Threads