Master/Detail

I am using ADOExpress, Delphi5 Enterprise and MS OLEDB JET 4.0 and trying to
set a masterdetail on access tables with adoquery
MasterQuery : Select * from Table1
DetailQuery : Select * from Table2 where QCode = :QCode
both queries have corresponding datasources, and the datasource for the
detail query point to the datasource of the masterquery.
The masterquery is opened first, then the detailquery. This is causing an
exception whenever I try to open the form with the 2 grids to display the
results.
Help anyone?
Environment WIn95, 4GB Harddisk, 64MB Ram, Delphi5 Enterprise.

Re:Master/Detail

Arnold Johnson <Arno...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

> I am using ADOExpress, Delphi5 Enterprise and MS OLEDB JET 4.0 and trying to
> set a masterdetail on access tables with adoquery
> MasterQuery : Select * from Table1
> DetailQuery : Select * from Table2 where QCode = :QCode
> both queries have corresponding datasources, and the datasource for the
> detail query point to the datasource of the masterquery.
> The masterquery is opened first, then the detailquery. This is causing an
> exception whenever I try to open the form with the 2 grids to display the
> results.

What is the exception?  You may need to set CursorLocation = clUseClient in order
to be able to use the grid.

Mark

Other Threads