Serial -Port : Writing ASCII To the port

I am trying to find a way to write ASCII code strings to the Serial port.
 I have been able to use
terminal programs such as windows terminal or the simple-terminal VCL
component to send
these sequences to the port, however I must manually sit and type them.
I am trying to
incorporate a program that will allow sending these ASCII code streams to
the serial port via
events, or via time sequences .  If you know of a component or source
code that would perform
this task please let me know
--
mark
---------

Re:Serial -Port : Writing ASCII To the port

I am trying to find a way to write ASCII code strings to the Serial port.
 I have been able to use
terminal programs such as windows terminal or the simple-terminal VCL
component to send
these sequences to the port, however I must manually sit and type them.
I am trying to
incorporate a program that will allow sending these ASCII code streams to
the serial port via
events, or via time sequences .  If you know of a component or source
code that would perform
this task please let me know
--
mark
---------
ma...@ix.netcom.com

Re:Serial -Port : Writing ASCII To the port

Have a look on www.tpower.com

You can download free demo components for Delphi 2.0

---

Other issue :

Find tty.c from Microsoft SDK and translate it ... (quite long but
supported on both 16 & 32 )

On 29 May 1996 16:38:33 GMT, Stephane TOURNADRE <tom...@worldnet.fr> wrote:

>Have a look on www.tpower.com

>You can download free demo components for Delphi 2.0

>---

>Other issue :

>Find tty.c from Microsoft SDK and translate it ... (quite long but
>supported on both 16 & 32 )

For a really simple way, find the mscomm component from any of the
freeware/shareware sites. It is freeware and really simple for functions like
this. Using a full-featured set of components that make it easier to build a
complete communications package is a bit of overkill.

Once you link in mscomm you can just use one call to write data to the serial
port. Before doing that you need only initialize the usual serial port values
such as data rate, number of stop bits, etc.

dick MacDonald

Other Threads