PASDBK16.DLL caused a GPF

When a start an progran i have the following message : "PASDBK16.DLL
caused a GPF at 0002:21E9" Shutdown of Delphi is recommended"
Restarting Delphi has no effect
Restarting Windows has no effect
Reinstalling Delphi has no effect

Does anyone have any suggestion about this error?

Philippe JEAN-DIT-BAILLEUL
Agriculture Canada
2000 road 108 east
Lennoxville Canada, Qc J1M 1Z3

Tel : (819) 565 9174 ext 251
Fax : (819) 564 5507
Email : mailto:JEANDITBAILLE...@EM.AGR.CA
Web :
http://res.agr.ca/swinenet/porcexpert/jeanditbailleulp/en/home.html

Re:PASDBK16.DLL caused a GPF

P Jean-dit-Bailleul wrote:

> When a start an progran i have the following message : "PASDBK16.DLL
> caused a GPF at 0002:21E9" Shutdown of Delphi is recommended"
> Restarting Delphi has no effect
> Restarting Windows has no effect
> Reinstalling Delphi has no effect

> Does anyone have any suggestion about this error?

> Philippe JEAN-DIT-BAILLEUL
> Agriculture Canada
> 2000 road 108 east
> Lennoxville Canada, Qc J1M 1Z3

> Tel : (819) 565 9174 ext 251
> Fax : (819) 564 5507
> Email : mailto:JEANDITBAILLE...@EM.AGR.CA
> Web :
> http://res.agr.ca/swinenet/porcexpert/jeanditbailleulp/en/home.html

sounds like Delphi 1 de{*word*81} - This guy has been really tested and is
solid.  I have talked to many people report the same problem.  ALWAYS it
turns out to be one of two reasons:  (about 30 cases)
1) buggy code
2) poor video driver (setting to the standard VGA will clear this up)

I have never seen a case where the de{*word*81} caused the problem.
Remember a gpf means memory has been corrupted - and the fact that the
de{*word*81} found it is meaningless - that just means it stumbled across
the infected memory.

1i

Re:PASDBK16.DLL caused a GPF

oneeye wrote:

> P Jean-dit-Bailleul wrote:

> > When a start an progran i have the following message : "PASDBK16.DLL
> > caused a GPF at 0002:21E9" Shutdown of Delphi is recommended"
> > Restarting Delphi has no effect
> > Restarting Windows has no effect
> > Reinstalling Delphi has no effect

> > Does anyone have any suggestion about this error?

> > Philippe JEAN-DIT-BAILLEUL
> > Agriculture Canada
> > 2000 road 108 east
> > Lennoxville Canada, Qc J1M 1Z3

> > Tel : (819) 565 9174 ext 251
> > Fax : (819) 564 5507
> > Email : mailto:JEANDITBAILLE...@EM.AGR.CA
> > Web :
> > http://res.agr.ca/swinenet/porcexpert/jeanditbailleulp/en/home.html

> sounds like Delphi 1 de{*word*81} - This guy has been really tested and is
> solid.  I have talked to many people report the same problem.  ALWAYS it
> turns out to be one of two reasons:  (about 30 cases)
> 1) buggy code
> 2) poor video driver (setting to the standard VGA will clear this up)

I see this quite often, but ALWAYS when I try to single step (F7).  As
you suggest, it MAY be a video driver problem, but I'm not about to
develop in 640x480.  I have a hard time believing it's the vid when only
F7 kills it, and run combined with a breakpoint at function entry
doesn't.

I set the environment to save editor files on run, try to avoid F7 out
of the "current" module, and cuss the damn thing while rebooting if it
does die.

Paul

Re:PASDBK16.DLL caused a GPF

In article <32B59CAF.5...@topia.com>, p...@topia.com says...

>> > When a start an progran i have the following message : "PASDBK16.DLL
>> > caused a GPF at 0002:21E9" Shutdown of Delphi is recommended"
>> > Restarting Delphi has no effect
>> > Restarting Windows has no effect
>> > Reinstalling Delphi has no effect
>I see this quite often, but ALWAYS when I try to single step (F7).  As
>you suggest, it MAY be a video driver problem, but I'm not about to
>develop in 640x480.  I have a hard time believing it's the vid when only
>F7 kills it, and run combined with a breakpoint at function entry
>doesn't.

>I set the environment to save editor files on run, try to avoid F7 out
>of the "current" module, and cuss the damn thing while rebooting if it
>does die.

I agree with the above. This only occurs when I F7 to another module. I TRY
to remember to SAVE PROJECT before I F7 to another module.  Sometimes I can
recover by merely exiting from Delphi, and then reentering.  Often it is
necessary to reboot .... and we know how much time that can take.  I sure
hope Borland solves this one soon.  The problem is NOT buggy code. IMO it's a
Borland problem that can be avoided.  While stepping through the code with
F7's, when you get to a procedure (or end of a procedure) and are about to be
sent to another module, go there yourself (by clicking on the first line of
code to be run in the new module) and hit F4.  This way you can continue
tracing without a problem.

Other Threads