ListView with Expand/Collapse Subitems

I need to have an application that has a ListView that has collapsing /
expanding subitems a la Outlook Express and other news readers.  In other
words, the List Items have little plus signs next to them that let you drill
down into other, indented, sub items.

Does anyone have any idea on how to tap into this functionality?  Is it a
hidden part of the ListView control or is it another control altogether?
Are there any 3rd party components (aside from Powersoft's yucky one) that
do this?

Re:ListView with Expand/Collapse Subitems

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997 16:24:45 -0500, "news.packet.net" <mi...@ditw.com> wrote:
>I need to have an application that has a ListView that has collapsing /
>expanding subitems a la Outlook Express and other news readers.  In other
>words, the List Items have little plus signs next to them that let you drill
>down into other, indented, sub items.

>Does anyone have any idea on how to tap into this functionality?  Is it a
>hidden part of the ListView control or is it another control altogether?
>Are there any 3rd party components (aside from Powersoft's yucky one) that
>do this?

Take a look at the TreeView component instead.  I think that is what you are
looking for.

--
Clayton Neff
Software Project Leader

Re:ListView with Expand/Collapse Subitems

Michael Pence D??? ???Y?? <65vgmq$n7...@gte2.gte.net> ...

>Thanks Clayton, but I am intimately familiar with the Tree View.  What I
>essentially need is a TreeView with columns.  Again, newsreaders like
>Outlook Express and others have a ListView with TreeView-like expand and
>collapse capabilities.

Michael, I'm not sure about the implementation of that in Outlook, even
think, that thay made a brand new control for that.

BUT using new COMCTL32.DLL, which comes with MSIE 3.0  one can use new
CUSTOMDRAW technology to draw something in TTreeView nodes.

I've wrote a component for that+sample+freeware.
    http://www.i-connect.ru/~paf/extree10.zip

--
Alexander Petrosyan (PAF), Moscow.
email: p...@i-connect.ru; p...@chat.ru; p...@fbit.msk.su