Q: SQL TEXT Field > 32769 characters

Hi

I have a SQL Server 6.5 db table with a TEXT (blob) field.

If I use Field.AsString to return the text, it is truncated to 32769
characters, UNLESS I use a TTable dropped onto a form. The BlobSize property
also reflects this truncated size.

In other words, if i use a TQuery to fetch the field, or if i create a
TQuery or a TTable object at run-time (I am building a DLL that runs
in a service, so I cannot  use forms or datamodules), then the field is
truncated to 32769 characters.

I can only assume that there is simply a property somewhere that I can set
manually (?)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Reuben Allott

Re:Q: SQL TEXT Field > 32769 characters

Re:Q: SQL TEXT Field > 32769 characters

Ok, I have upped the "BLOB SIZE" in the BDE Administrator for the
database from 32K to 64K, which has made things "work", but I
would still like to know how the TTable bypasses this restriction when
it is dropped onto a form at design-time.

Thanks,
Reuben Allott

Reuben Allott wrote in message <6qmmt8$g6...@hermes.is.co.za>...
>Hi

>I have a SQL Server 6.5 db table with a TEXT (blob) field.

>If I use Field.AsString to return the text, it is truncated to 32769
>characters, UNLESS I use a TTable dropped onto a form. The BlobSize
property
>also reflects this truncated size.

>In other words, if i use a TQuery to fetch the field, or if i create a
>TQuery or a TTable object at run-time (I am building a DLL that runs
>in a service, so I cannot  use forms or datamodules), then the field is
>truncated to 32769 characters.

>I can only assume that there is simply a property somewhere that I can set
>manually (?)

>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
>Thanks
>Reuben Allott

Other Threads