"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

What does this error mean, and what are likely causes?  I got this error
last night, but my data seemed ok.  Today all my data is random
garbage!!!!

any ideas?

mike cirioli
mciri...@jps.net

Re:"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

I assume you are using Paradox tables. Try repairing your table with the
table repair utility at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html. The
most common cause of table corruptions is a PC or program crash.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

I tried rebuilding the tables using borlands table repair utility, but I think
that may have been what caused all the data to turn to garbarge.  The last
time I looked, the data was at least partially ok, and after running the
repair all data was garbage.  no errors were reported when repairing the
tables.

Would an incorrect version of comctl32.dll cause data corruption?

would running multiple instances against one database using improper netdir
values (i.e. every machine keeping its netdir as c:\) cause data corupption in
every ascii field of every record, even if they only view one or two records
and didnt edit anything in the database?

thanks for the info and help.....

 -mike cirioli

Bill Todd wrote:
> I assume you are using Paradox tables. Try repairing your table with the
> table repair utility at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html. The
> most common cause of table corruptions is a PC or program crash.

> Bill

> --

> Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

AFAIK an "incorrect" version of comctl32.dll would not cause a problem. Was
the table encrypted? If so, the Borland table repair demo program will turn
the data to garbage.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

Yes, the table was password protected.  If I remove the password, do you think
that the table repair can fix this type of error?  Also, where can a learn more
about this error and its cause.

thanks for all your help!

 - mike cirioli

Bill Todd wrote:
> AFAIK an "incorrect" version of comctl32.dll would not cause a problem. Was
> the table encrypted? If so, the Borland table repair demo program will turn
> the data to garbage.

> Bill

> --

> Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

one more question - where can i find the correct version of the comctl32 update
to apply to windows NT?  I have found a couple of different versions.

 - mike cirioli

Bill Todd wrote:
> AFAIK an "incorrect" version of comctl32.dll would not cause a problem. Was
> the table encrypted? If so, the Borland table repair demo program will turn
> the data to garbage.

> Bill

> --

> Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

Yes, if you can remove the password the Borland table repair program may be
able to fix it. There is not much to learn. The most common cause is an
application or workstation crash while the program is writing to the
database.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:"ERROR file other than header corrupt - cases.mb" - What does it mean?

That is a question I do not know the answer to. You should get the correct
version when you install NT. You might want to post that question in one of
the Microsoft support newsgroups.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB