creating PDF files using bitmaps

Dear all,

I need to save a bitmap to a pdf file, with the minimum of hassle. I checked
out a couple of components on the Web that purported to do this, but it
seems they write text to a pdf file, with no hint on how one could "paste" a
bitmap on the pdf document being produced.

Can anyone help? TIA.

Zia

Re:creating PDF files using bitmaps

Hi,

use your graphic program to print this bitmap file, but use the option "print to
file".
Then use or download "ghostscript" (use any search engine); load also ghostview.

Open with ghostview your printed bitmap and than print it from ghostview again
with the option pdfwrite. Don't forget to add "pdf" at the end of the file name
or you have to change it via the explorer.

Detlef Ross
Munich

ZAK schrieb:

> Dear all,

> I need to save a bitmap to a pdf file, with the minimum of hassle. I checked
> out a couple of components on the Web that purported to do this, but it
> seems they write text to a pdf file, with no hint on how one could "paste" a
> bitmap on the pdf document being produced.

> Can anyone help? TIA.

> Zia

Re:creating PDF files using bitmaps

Please do suggest some advice if you can, as this is very urgent. I'm not
knowledgeable about it at all.

TIA,

Zia

Re:creating PDF files using bitmaps

An Acrobat PDF is a compressed Postscript file that contains a description of
each page, font information and compressed bitmaps. To my knowledge there is
nothing that will, from software, "paste" a bitmap into a PDF.

The PDF format is available at www.adobe.com if you wish to write something that
will "insert" a chunk of PDF into an Acrobat file. Otherwise, your options are:

* create a new PDF with your bitmap using DDE or OLE calls to Acrobat
* manually use Acrobat to insert the bitmap
* export the Acrobat file to Postscript, decompile the Postscript into a
document, insert the bitmap, convert back to Postscript and save to PDF using
Acrobat

Brian Lowe
Belleson Corp

ZAK wrote:
> Dear all,

> I need to save a bitmap to a pdf file, with the minimum of hassle. I checked
> out a couple of components on the Web that purported to do this, but it
> seems they write text to a pdf file, with no hint on how one could "paste" a
> bitmap on the pdf document being produced.

> Can anyone help? TIA.

> Zia

Other Threads