Re: What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

"David Dean [CodeGear]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

IMO, bpot is valuable to let off steam.
I don't disagree but Rudy has turned it into a circle-jerk
for liberals where conservative views are not welcomed or
tolerated. When you discount the 'my puppy pooped in my shoe'
posts and consider the social and political issues, it is
decidedly anti-US and dominated by foreign nationals.
I don't see why you are complaining that a troublemaker
keeps being escorted off the premises.
Even when the troublemaker stops making trouble? He did and Rudy taunted him!
You're also coming in late to the game and don't fully
understand the situation. Rudy has applied his own rules to
others in the past, including myself when he tried to get me
banned from Borland's server. Neither Borland or the F.B.I.
concurred with his opinion so he took it upon himself to
cancel my posts even when they didn't violate the rules.
As I have replied to others, ISTM that a post that doesn't
break the rules should not be canceled just because it *might*
cause others to break the rules. Yet, it's happenning.
I really doubt you'd be any happier if a CodeGear employee
was doing the moderation.
Moderation is subjective so the moderation would depend on the
individual. CodeGear employee or not, I can't imagine any one
more biased than Rudy but the fact remains that you have a
foreign national using your server to promote anti-US
sentiment.
Just look at someone elses opinion:
newsgroups.borland.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb&utag=
~ JD

Re:Re: What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Nope. I am doing what I am told to do: enforcing the
guidelines, if necessary in a rigourous way,
It all sounds well and good but you still failed to address
the fact that you canceled my query as to why John had been
banned by you.
I think you should not accuse me without knowing the facts.
I know enough facts such as that the above post didn't even
come close to violating any rules yet you canceled it.
This is not the first time you jump to the wrong conclusion
and get vocal about my cancellations (usually of your posts,
BTW).
Since I've also been the victim of your descrimination in the
past, I'd say that the above cancelation was evidence enough.
I have never seen an apology from you.
That's not true. If you mean in reference to you in bpot, I
did for trying to get your goat as to the origin of the f-word.
Other than that, you never deserved one from me.
If you mean for what I may have posted to others, I have when
appropriate. For example, when you tried to get me banned from
Borland's server, I freely admitted that my choice of wording
was poor and apoligized for that.
At this point, I also think that it's interesting to note that
neither Borland or the F.B.I. saw things the way that you did
which is more evidence of your bias.
And if you mean I also cancelled some of your messages, let
me tell you that there were equally good reasons for that,
Oh? Please explain what guideline was violated with my query
about you banning John? Remember, my entire post was quoted
and archived by now so no lame excuses please and 'Because I
can' or pointing to the disclaimer does nothing more than
illustrate your abuse.
So if you agree that many posts in off-topic do not belong
on this server, you are right. That is why they are
cancelled.
Your bias has clouded your judgement. There are many posts
that you let stand that should be canceled and others that
you do cancel that are within the guidelines.
If you are trying to say that I only cancel those I
presumably don't like, you are plainly and simply wrong.
That is not what I am saying. My contention is that your
"if necessary in a rigourous way" enforcement depends on
the author and/or subject matter. For example, you recently
allowed your gang to taunt and insult Jeff (one of the reasons
that he noted he was leaving) but when I point out that
anothers 'facts' are wrong, I get canceled if I also asked
if they had taken their meds that day. I'd say that that
makes me right and you wrong.
I do think, however, that your negative bias against me
influences your post.
What influences my post is your negative bias against me (and
others as well) as demonstrated by your latest cancelation of
one of my posts.
~ JD

Re:Re: What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

JD wrote:
I don't disagree
Please drop the discussion of off-topic from this newsgroup now. It
does not belong here and I don't want this group polluted with
off-topic discussions. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com

{smallsort}

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
Nope. I am doing what I am told to do: enforcing the guidelines,
These messages are multi-posted. Please cancel them.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: qc.codegear.com
Got source? cc.codegear.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.codegear.com
--
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but

Re:Re: What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

On 18 Jan 2007 20:36:38 -0800, John Kaster (CodeGear) wrote:
Wow! CodeGear exists for real?
These messages are multi-posted. Please cancel them.
Don't you have this ability?
--
Mart
El Marto Photography @ www.elmarto.com

In article <ooakgdmg6iwt$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Mart [TeamD]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>These messages are multi-posted. Please cancel them.

Don't you have this ability?
Need more evidence that they've delegated moderation to TeamB?
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

John Kaster (CodeGear) wrote:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:

>Nope. I am doing what I am told to do: enforcing the guidelines,

These messages are multi-posted. Please cancel them.
Someone must have cancelled them already. I don't see any multi-posts.
JD's messages were in cppbuilder.non-tech (and only to that group), and
I set followup here.
--
Rudy Velthuis rvelthuis.de
"Chaos Theory is a new theory invented by scientists panicked

"Rudy Velthuis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Someone must have cancelled them already. I don't see any
multi-posts. JD's messages were in cppbuilder.non-tech (and
only to that group),
Actually, after I posted in non-tech I realized that I needed
to post in bdn.website so that post was cross-posted.
and I set followup here.
I'm now absolutely sure of my conclusions in the 'You win'
thread - especially if only one was cross-posted!
~ JD
--

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Actually, after I posted in non-tech I realized that I needed
to post in bdn.website so that post was cross-posted.

Was this all part of an attempt to get banned from every Borland newsgroup?
--

"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

"Rudy Velthuis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Someone must have cancelled them already.
Actually, David Dean missed 2 of them in bdn.website, One
is a reply to quoted canceled and the other is my reply to
it. Have at it young man.
~ JD
--

news:45b0c544$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Actually, after I posted in non-tech I realized that I needed
>to post in bdn.website so that post was cross-posted.

Was this all part of an attempt to get banned from every Borland
newsgroup?
LOL!
--
Rudy Velthuis rvelthuis.de
"It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid."

"John Kaster (CodeGear)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

Next Monday (I think at 11am, but I'll confirm with David), David I
will be discussing DN, the Codegear Developer Network, with yours truly.
Is that 11am UTC + 8 ?
Richard Kavanagh

Re:Re: What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

Richard Kavanagh wrote:
Is that 11am UTC + 8 ?
Sorry, still waiting for confirmation from David.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: qc.codegear.com
Got source? cc.codegear.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.codegear.com

Re:Re: What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

Richard Kavanagh wrote:
Is that 11am UTC + 8 ?
Sorry, still waiting for confirmation of the time. At this stage, I've
suggested to David and Anders that we shoot for Jan 29 instead since no
announcements have been posted, other than mine to this newsgroup. I
can't post an official announcement until I know what time David was
planning to do it.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: qc.codegear.com
Got source? cc.codegear.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.codegear.com

Re:Re: What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?

"John Kaster (CodeGear)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
What do you want to know about the CodeGear Developer Network?
Certainly.
Subsribing to RSS an other feeds
YES.
GP philisophy.
YES.
Do you want to know about things we've done that we haven't seen on any
other web site?
YES. Sounds interesting :)
QC Internals.
YES. Surely want to know more about QC mechanisms.
Thanks,