How to create a library file?

2004-04-02 07:43:27 AM
off-topic8
I would like to make a lib file from a few asm files I wrote, but the TASM User's Guide doesn't mention this subject. Can someone explain me what steps I have to take, and what the parameters are?
Thanks

Re:How to create a library file?

Use the librarian, TLIB.EXE
Assume that you have file1.obj, file2.obj and file2.obj that you wish
to put into mylib.lib
tlib /C mylib +file1+file2 +file3
Assume that you now wish to update file1.obj and file2.obj to new
versions with an existing mylib.lib
tlib /C mylib -+file1 -+file2
(- means remove, + means add so you updated)
Assume that your file list is too long for a command line or you just
want to not have to type it each time.
Create this text file (I'll call it libfiles.txt)
-+file1 &
-+file2 &
-+file3
And give this command
tlib /C mylib @libfiles.txt
Now when you try it with the file and it doesn't work, go back and fix
whichever of these two problems that everybody does - there should be
a space before the & line continuation character and the last line
should not have a & line continuation character.
Other items:
-If you end the command line with a comma and then a file name then it
will put a listing of the library into a file with that name.
-Run tlib without any command line args to get a {*word*218} help screen
-When you update a library it creates a backup of the original,
LibName.BAK
. Ed
Apprentice wrote in message
news:406ca91f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I would like to make a lib file from a few asm files I wrote, but
the TASM User's Guide doesn't mention this subject. Can
someone explain me what steps I have to take, and what the
parameters are?

Re:How to create a library file?

Thanks for the information, Ed!
Regards