How to reopen a feature request?

2006-07-24 11:01:19 PM
off-topic14
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Was closed with a retest.
1. Why would feature requests get closed with retest?
2. How do we go about re-opening them if we are not original submitter?
--
Iman

Re:How to reopen a feature request?

Iman L Crawford wrote:
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

Was closed with a retest.
I opened it back up.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo

Re:How to reopen a feature request?

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:44c4e6f8
$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
I opened it back up.
You might look at 679 too.
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
--
Iman

{smallsort}

Re:How to reopen a feature request?

Iman L Crawford wrote:
You might look at 679 too.
I opened it, even though I /hate/ the with statement, and don't want to
do anything to promote it's use. ;-)
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re:How to reopen a feature request?

should we reopen all cases which were closed without a fix and marked as
retest?
>qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
>
>Was closed with a retest.

I opened it back up.

Re:How to reopen a feature request?

Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo) wrote:
Iman L Crawford wrote:

I opened it back up.

Have a look at 11274 as well.... this seems to be a pattern. Maybe some
sort of tool was used to process QC?
Mark

Re:How to reopen a feature request?

"Mark A. Andrews" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:44c50982
@newsgroups.borland.com:
Have a look at 11274 as well.... this seems to be a pattern. Maybe some
sort of tool was used to process QC?
there was. These are all the reports that went into Borland's internal
tracking system, but did not have the time to work on.
--
Iman

Re:How to reopen a feature request?

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:01:19 -0500, Iman L Crawford
<ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com>wrote:
1. Why would feature requests get closed with retest?
I think it has something to do with a previous post with subject
"Inactive and the QC<->Raid Replicator":
XXXX@XXXXX.COM " rel="nofollow" target="_blank">google.com/groups
My reports were labeled as "resolution: none" before, shortly after
they all became "retest". This was btw my suggestion on how to handle
the situation, seems I wasn't alone on that idea :)
- Asbjørn

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
should we reopen all cases which were closed without a fix and marked
as retest?
Well, after you retest them and make sure that they are still valid
reports in the current release build. ;-)
--

Iman L Crawford wrote:

>You might look at 679 too.

I opened it, even though I hate the with statement, and don't want to
do anything to promote it's use. ;-)
Report No: 13515 ( RAID: 228772 ) Status: Closed
Remove all occurences of the with statement from the VCL
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm
Visual Forms IDE Add In: www.jed-software.com/vf.htm

"JED" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo) wrote:

>Iman L Crawford wrote:
>
>>You might look at 679 too.
>
>I opened it, even though I hate the with statement, and don't want to
>do anything to promote it's use. ;-)

Report No: 13515 ( RAID: 228772 ) Status: Closed
Remove all occurences of the with statement from the VCL
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

Seriously? They went all through the VCL and got rid of it?
I wonder if they created the refactoring.
--
Thanks,
Brad.

JED wrote:
Remove all occurences of the with statement from the VCL
As much as I'd like to see this, I don't think it will happen. At
least not until I get my "Remove 'with' Statement" refactoring. ;-)
--

Brad White wrote:
Seriously? They went all through the VCL and got rid of it?

I wonder if they created the refactoring.
No they didn't do it. It is back at Retest.
--

JED wrote:

>Remove all occurences of the with statement from the VCL

As much as I'd like to see this, I don't think it will happen. At
least not until I get my "Remove 'with' Statement" refactoring. ;-)
It is very hard to debug some VCL code because of the usage of WITH. I
suggest either having the de{*word*81} support WITH or removing WITH.
Being able to debug the VCL is very important.
--

JED wrote:
It is very hard to debug some VCL code because of the usage of WITH. I
suggest either having the de{*word*81} support WITH or removing WITH.
Preaching to the choir, JED. ;-)