[bde] and power user under xp

hi, is possibile configurate bde application on a power user???

Re:[bde] and power user under xp

That depends on the rights you've assigned to your power users. As far as I
can tell, the default rights on an XP (Pro) machine should be sufficient for
changing BDE settings. I don't know what rights the rest of your app
requires.

Re:[bde] and power user under xp

the same for xp tablet pc?
"C P" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
That depends on the rights you've assigned to your power users. As far as
can tell, the default rights on an XP (Pro) machine should be sufficient
for
changing BDE settings. I don't know what rights the rest of your app
requires.

{smallsort}

Re:[bde] and power user under xp

I don't have XP Tablet PC installed anywhere, so I can't say for sure, but
I'm guessing the settings would be ok.
To change BDE settings, users should have the ability to add/edit/delete
keys/subkeys in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine" in the
registry. They'll also need the ability to read, write, and maybe create or
delete files in the folder where the BCFPI has been installed.
Check the permissions on a default install Table PC for Power Users for the
above, and have a look at the rights that "Power Users" have by default.

Re:[bde] and power user under xp

As long as power users have read/write access to the BDE directory and read/write access to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine registry key.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email