BDE Settings for optimum performance.

2005-04-20 10:02:11 PM
off-topic0
HI all,
I remember a while ago there was a document detailing various setting in the
BDE and how one can fine tune them to squeeze performance, and increase
stability out of the BDE. Does any 1 know where I can find any documentation
on theses bde settings.
Thanks
Robert

Re:BDE Settings for optimum performance.

Robert Bravery wrote:
I remember a while ago there was a document detailing various setting in the
BDE and how one can fine tune them to squeeze performance, and increase
stability out of the BDE. Does any 1 know where I can find any documentation
on theses bde settings.
fine tuning and performance are functions of your apps' design and deployment,
not the way the BDE is configured.. 99.99% of the time, the BDE is used the way
it came out of the box..
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia

Re:BDE Settings for optimum performance.

What database are you using?
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
Robert Bravery wrote:
HI all,

I remember a while ago there was a document detailing various setting
in the BDE and how one can fine tune them to squeeze performance, and
increase stability out of the BDE. Does any 1 know where I can find
any documentation on theses bde settings.

Thanks
Robert

{smallsort}

Re:BDE Settings for optimum performance.

HI Bill,
I am using a mix,
MS SQL, Firebird, and local dbase tables
Thanks
Robert
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
What database are you using?

--

Robert Bravery wrote:

>HI all,
>
>I remember a while ago there was a document detailing various setting
>in the BDE and how one can fine tune them to squeeze performance, and
>increase stability out of the BDE. Does any 1 know where I can find
>any documentation on theses bde settings.
>
>Thanks
>Robert

Re:BDE Settings for optimum performance.

HI Steven,
Yes I realise that a lot of performance relies on app design.
If the BDE does not reqire configuration, why the have the ability.
Robert
"Steven Green" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Robert Bravery wrote:

>I remember a while ago there was a document detailing various setting in
the
>BDE and how one can fine tune them to squeeze performance, and increase
>stability out of the BDE. Does any 1 know where I can find any
documentation
>on theses bde settings.

fine tuning and performance are functions of your apps' design and
deployment,
not the way the BDE is configured.. 99.99% of the time, the BDE is used
the way
it came out of the box..

--
Steven Green - Waldorf Maryland USA

Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia

Re:BDE Settings for optimum performance.

If you look at the settings in BDE Administrator you will discover that
there is almost nothing to configure that relates to performance. You
can set the MaxBuffSize to 16 megabytes to provide plenty of cache
memory. For the SQL database servers you may see some performance
improvement if you turn Schema Caching on. However, I would leave it
off unless you do see noticable improvment.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email

Re:BDE Settings for optimum performance.

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the reply.
Robert