BDE/Oracle9i problem

BDE 5.01 (also tried BDE 5.11 with latest sqlora8.dll)
Operating systems: w2k/xp.
My customer has upgraded to ORACLE 9i.
Because of this I have made these changes in BDEAdmin:
DLL32=sqlora8.dll
VENDOR INIT=oci.dll
(Net protocol is TNS)
In BDEAdmin I can browse the Aliases created in Oracles Net Manager.
Obviously, no problem to read tnsnames.ora.
When I test to connect in Oracles Net manager I succeed
The company has offices in two locations both connected to the same server
(ethernet).
The BDE are configured identically in both locations and the ORACLE client
seems to be so to.
(On my own computer I have an ORACLE7 client with no problem to connect.)
THIS IS MY PROBLEM:
One of the offices can connect, but the other can not.
At the problem site:
When I try to open the database in BDEAdmin I get this error:
General SQL error.
Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-01041
No matter what changes I try, this message keep coming.
When trying with a test application I get this sqlnet.log file.
It looks a bit strange, because the SERVICE NAME is not set to
HALMSTAD.RRSTEEL.NET but to BAAN in tnsnames.ora and the Host should be an
ip-adress but I'm not sure have to analyze this.
Fatal NI connect error 12222, connecting to:
(DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=*)(SERVICE_NAME=HALMSTAD.RRSTEEL.NET)(CID=(P
ROGRAM=C:\WINDOWS\system32\DWRCS
Uploads\Timaztables.exe)(HOST=FUHA_BENI1)(USER=BENI)))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP
)(HOST=HALMSTAD.RRSTEEL.NET)(PORT=1521)))
VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.4.0.0 - Production
Time: 11-OCT-04 12:33:48
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
nr err code: 12222
TNS-12222: Message 12222 not found; No message file for product=NET80,
facility=TNS
ns main err code: 12538
TNS-12538: Message 12538 not found; No message file for product=NET80,
facility=TNS
ns secondary err code: 12560
nt main err code: 508
TNS-00508: Message 508 not found; No message file for product=NET80,
facility=TNS
nt secondary err code: 0
nt OS err code: 0
/Stefan Johansson

Re:BDE/Oracle9i problem

Problem is solved,
some kind of garbage from older oracle client installation messed it up.
To avoid problems like this, it seems important to clean up very carefully
first and make a brand new client installation.
/Stefan