Disabling integrated authentication with BDE?

Hello all,
We have an application developed in Delphi (not by us) which uses BDE to
connect to our MS SQL server. BDE Version 5.01 is installed on all local
PCs.
These are running in a different domain and there is no trust relationship
between our local domain and that of the DB server. So we've configured the
databases in each PC's BDE Administrator to use SQL authentication (by
setting the "USER NAME" field).
However, it seems it's still attempting to use integrated authentication
first, and when that fails it switches to SQL authentication. We're getting
a great deal of error messages in our SQL server's event log that look like:
Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: user1234
Domain: LOCAL
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name: WKS-01
and:
The logon to account: user1234
by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
from workstation: WKS-01
failed. The error code was: 3221225572
The application still works fine however, as SQL authentication is working.
Is there any way to disable using integrated authentication from BDE
altogether?
Thanks
Alex