TP 7.0 mouse conflict

I too have just dusted off TP 7.0 after a number of years.
The mouse works in the editor until the first time compiled code is run;
then the mouse stops responding in the editing window. It seems like I have
run into this probem before, but I can't recall the 'fix'. I have used TP
7.0 on this machine running Win NT 4.0 in the past and am still running NT
with the same setup as in the past. Keyboard commands still function
correctly, but call me lazy, I want my mouse. I have TP 7.0 installed on
another machine running XP Pro, with no problems. Migrating from NT to a
newer OS isn't an option right now.
I have done numerous searches and can find nothing on this topic. I would be
most appreciative of any help.
Thanks