Re: Why did these QC issues not get fixed?

"Nick Hodges (CodeGear)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Vaclav Cechura wrote:

>For me the Show Forms command that does not show the selected
>form is such a basic thing that I just cannot accept the fact
>that I should vote for it to get it fixed in a year or so.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here.
I am talking about the issue I mentioned in the original post
which is described in Quality Central report QC27190 (dupl.
37135) 4/10/2006:
"Click on the "View Form" button, or press Shift+F12, to switch
to a different form in the project. The code editor comes up
by default instead of the form editor. Shift+F12 appears to function as Ctrl+F12".
This is way far from an esoteric activity, this is basic task
when designing a VCL application with more than one form.
This bug has not been fixed for more than a year.

>>A good approach from CodeGear might be to have a person
>>that would pick up basic UI flaws from QC regardless of the
>>votes they got and "push" them to be fixed.

What, specifically, are you talking about here?
I am talking about an CodeGear employee whose task would be
to search the QC for unfixed basic user interface bugs/flaws
and promote them to get fixed so that we do not have to vote
for them.
When you work with a tool for years and there is a basic
functionality and after an upgrade it's gone by a mistake
wouldn't you feel like that it should have get fixed in a
decent time.
Also note that if this issue gets fixed in 2008 I would have to
buy the fix as a part of a new version of the product.
Vaclav

Re:Re: Why did these QC issues not get fixed?

Vaclav Cechura wrote:
I am talking about the issue I mentioned in the original post
which is described in Quality Central report QC27190 (dupl.
37135) 4/10/2006:
Okay -- I move the priority of this to a higher level.
This bug has a fairly small footprint -- there is an easy workaround.
But given that you feel it it is important, that footprint has grown.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re:Re: Why did these QC issues not get fixed?

"Nick Hodges (CodeGear)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
This bug has a fairly small footprint -- there is an easy workaround.
But given that you feel it it is important, that footprint has grown.
The decision is up to you.
As I have written: unless an hotfix or update of BCB2006 is
released that would fix it, I would have to buy an upgrade
to get it fixed.
Almost all of the fixed QC issues that I was interested in or
that I reported have resolution build>= 11.x. Should I spend
another $2500 after a year or so?
Vaclav

{smallsort}