Default report notifications - Doesn't seem to work

2006-07-14 08:58:34 PM
off-topic17
Nice specs and description on the new default reports notifications
feature in QC, but the implementation seems flawed. When I try to add
some Events to the list, I can find no way to do so. I suspect that
the list should by default be populated with the available event
types, but it is not.
QC 31253
- Leo

Re:Default report notifications - Doesn't seem to work

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
Leo Siefert < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
My experience is the same as Leo's.
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

Leo Siefert wrote:
When I try to add
some Events to the list, I can find no way to do so.
Which list are you talking about? if it's default notifications for
actions, you shouldn't need to add any events to the list
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

{smallsort}

David Dean wrote:
My experience is the same as Leo's.
See my comments on the report.
--

In article <44b7cdf8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"John Kaster (Borland/DevCo)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
See my comments on the report.
Answered in comments.
--

Leo Siefert wrote:
Nice specs and description on the new default reports notifications
feature in QC, but the implementation seems flawed. When I try to add
some Events to the list, I can find no way to do so. I suspect that
the list should by default be populated with the available event
types, but it is not.
There should be 5 events listed if you are a non sysop, and 6 events
listed if you are a sysop. You cannot add any events to the list.
I suspect that not everyone is having this problem, so hold tight while
I see if I can reproduce it... I suspect I won't but will have to use
you for testing...
thanks
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
I suspect that not everyone is having this problem, so hold tight
while I see if I can reproduce it... I suspect I won't but will have
to use you for testing...
I am.
Also what do a send back in the setNotification method. The entire
dataset? Is the description value just the Lookup Value of the
NOTIFY_DEF id.
--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm

Re:Default report notifications - Doesn't seem to work

JED wrote:
setNotification method
meaning "setNotificationDefaults"
--

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
I suspect that not everyone is having this problem, so hold tight
while I see if I can reproduce it... I suspect I won't but will have
to use you for testing...
The test login doesn't have them either.
--

JED wrote:
The test login doesn't have them either.
It is going to be interesting... the test client was checked on my
systems prior to uploading and it work then. I just checked it now and
it works on my test system.
Point the client at Borland's systems and it doesn't work....
The middle tier was loaded off of my test machines... so that leaves
the database....
time for a reload
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Default report notifications - Doesn't seem to work

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:

time for a reload
And it is going from bad to worse, the machine that transfers the
latest copy of the database to me went down last night on a hard disk
failure.... I have the new disks but they aren't installed yet...
this is going to take some time.
sorry
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
Point the client at Borland's systems and it doesn't work...
This is beyond strange ... I was using Borland's system the entire
time, and it initially worked (evidenced by my screen shots). Now, I
see only 4 events as well ...
--

Leo Siefert wrote:
Nice specs and description on the new default reports notifications
feature in QC, but the implementation seems flawed. When I try to add
some Events to the list, I can find no way to do so. I suspect that
the list should by default be populated with the available event
types, but it is not.

QC 31253

- Leo
Try it now and let me know
thanks
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Default report notifications - Doesn't seem to work

In article <44b85ea9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" <>wrote:
Try it now and let me know
It is now working for me.
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

Re:Default report notifications - Doesn't seem to work

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
Try it now and let me know
Working for me now, too.