BDE Temporary files

2003-07-24 09:22:38 PM
off-topic19
Does anyone know of any feature or function of BDE that would create
temporary files with names like VDMxxxx.TMP, where xxxx is a 4-digit
hexidecimal number? I am supporting an old 16-bit application that uses BDE.
One customer has reported finding 13,000 of these temporary files, all of 0
bytes length, in the application directory. The application had been
gradually slowing down, and deleting these temp files restored it to normal
speed.
The application itself does not create these files, and no other customers
have reported this phenomena. The customer is running Windows 2000 on a
Novell network. The application and BDE are installed on and run from a
network share, and create a private temporary directory on the C: drive of
the PC from which it is run.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re:BDE Temporary files

Thanks, Mick. I should have done the obvious google check first. Duh!

Re:BDE Temporary files

Me too and often
Good luck
Mick
Mike Mellen < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thanks, Mick. I should have done the obvious google check first. Duh!

{smallsort}