Connecting SQL Server to dbase

2005-05-03 02:42:31 AM
off-topic17
I am attempting to connect SQL Server to some dbase files but find they go
extremelly slow.
The dbase files are for Goldmine, and if I create a linked server to any
other dbase file that is not part of Goldmine I do not have this issue.
I create a DNS link in the ODBC data sources, to the directory were my data
is kept.
In my SQL satement I set NoCount On.
A simple update command takes about 10 minutes.
I've changed my sharedmemlocation to 7000, maxfilehandles to 64

Re:Connecting SQL Server to dbase

I am attempting to connect SQL Server to some dbase files but find they go
extremelly slow.
The dbase files are for Goldmine, and if I create a linked server to any
other dbase file that is not part of Goldmine I do not have this issue.
I create a DNS link in the ODBC data sources, to the directory were my data
is kept.
In my SQL satement I set NoCount On.
A simple update command takes about 10 minutes.
I've changed my sharedmemlocation to 7000, maxfilehandles to 64

Re:Connecting SQL Server to dbase

Frank,
What exactly are you trying to do with the GoldMine data files?
--
Frances Corazza
The Crossbearer Corporation

{smallsort}