BDEMERGE.INI format

I am using the BDE Merge Module (5.1.1) with InstallShield Express 5.0.
I am not sure what format to use when entering parameters in the Merge
Configuration Utility. The aliases I am trying to configure are all
ODBC, and the only BDE parameters I need to set are ODBC DSN and
possibly DATABASE NAME. I use the following format in the Configuration
Utility:
ODBC DSN=PerformanceRouting
The resulting BDEMERGE.INI file is placed in the same directory as
setup.exe and BDEMMHelper.dll. The contents of the bdemerge.ini file
are:
[MyAgentDb]
Driver=Easysoft IB7 ODBC
Params=ODBC DSN:PerformanceRouting
The BDE Aliases resulting from running my installation's setup include
MyAgentDb, but the ODBC DSN is empty. There are also three other
aliases defined, one for each EasySoft ODBC system DSN on this
particular machine (only Easysoft system DSNs are defined on this
machine).
1. What format should I use in specifying the BDE Merge Configuration
Utility parameters?
2. Why do I also get aliases for the other ODBC system DSNs?