Delphi Architect ship yet?

As a Borcon 2004 attendee, I purchased the Delphi Architect plus software assurance show special.
Has the new Delphi 9 started shipping yet?
Haven't got mine...
John Roberts

Re:Delphi Architect ship yet?

"John Roberts" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

As a Borcon 2004 attendee, I purchased the Delphi Architect plus software
assurance show special.

Has the new Delphi 9 started shipping yet?
Haven't got mine...

Yes. In fact, Enterprise is shipping. I would call Customer Support.
--
Brad.
Vote for CodeRush in future versions of Delphi

Re:Delphi Architect ship yet?

If you purchased yours at BorCon and it is a new (as opposed to SA upgrade)
then you should have received it about 10 days ago (U.S). I have SA and
received mine last Thursday.
Chris

{smallsort}

Re:Delphi Architect ship yet?

Lucky you. I called and they told me mine was on backorder.
John R.

John Roberts wrote:
Lucky you. I called and they told me mine was on backorder.
FWIW, I purchased S/A at BorCon also - mine started immediately
(bought Delphi 7), and expired. I renewed it after it expired, and
I've got a box on my desk that was shipped November 15th.
Same packaging as the Delphi 8 box - lots fewer CD's. Looks like
some packaging quality issues too - Disk 2 of 3 was just loose on
top, instead of fitted into the CD holder where it should be. No
IBM CD's this time.
-Brion

Re:Delphi Architect ship yet?

My Delphi Architect arrived last Friday (12/3).
I haven't been able to do much with it yet, except install it.
A couple of observations:
(1) The .NET 1.1 install took forever and I had to accept everything, even the Visual J# execution runtime, which surprised me. Delphi needs it.
(2) The OptimizeIt tool had to be installed separately, as did the InstallShield "lite" edition. I'm surprised OptimizeIt wasn't integrated into the general Delphi install.
(3) Total installation time approached 30 minutes on my laptop. I realize I don't have a screaming CD drive there, but still... I just hope it was a _lot_ of software being installed.
John Roberts

John Roberts wrote:
(1) The .NET 1.1 install took forever and I had to accept
everything, even the Visual J# execution runtime, which surprised
me. Delphi needs it.
Steve T. posted an entry on his blog why the different .NET
thingies are required.
blogs.borland.com/stevet/archive/2004/11/22.aspx
-Brion