Creating an Active-X/COM/OLE with Tasm - Any example(s) available ?

Hello All,
Are there any examples available to how to create and Active-X/COM/OLE
component in Tasm ?
The reason I'm asking is because I would like to be able redirect certain,
potential harmfull (in IE & OE), file-types to a "sand pit" that will only
display their contents (in ASCII or as Hex-dump).
I've found some data on how to *call* an COM-object from within Assembly,
nothing about creating one.
Hints, tips, pointers & examples would be welcomed.
Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re:Creating an Active-X/COM/OLE with Tasm - Any example(s) available ?

Hi Rudy,
[...]
Hints, tips, pointers & examples would be welcomed.
1. Create an .IDL file.
2. Convert it to .C file with midl.exe.
3. Write implementations for all methods.
4. Convert to .ASM file with C compiler.
5. Assemble and link the result.
;-)))

Re:Creating an Active-X/COM/OLE with Tasm - Any example(s) available ?

Vasya Pupkin < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in berichtnieuws
XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hello Vasya,
Hi Rudy,
[snip]
1. Create an .IDL file.
2. Convert it to .C file with midl.exe.
3. Write implementations for all methods.
4. Convert to .ASM file with C compiler.
5. Assemble and link the result.

;-)))
Not quite the answer I was hoping for :-) (For starters, no idea what an
IDL-file is ...)
Regards,
Rudy Wieser

{smallsort}

Re:Creating an Active-X/COM/OLE with Tasm - Any example(s) available ?

Hi Rudy,
[...]
Not quite the answer I was hoping for :-) (For starters, no idea
what an IDL-file is ...)
It's a source file for MIDL compiler ;-)
IDL -- Interface Definition Language.