BDE - Start Up error

Using BDE 5.01 (as reported by BDE Administrator)
I have an application installed on remote site that is reporting the
following error on application start up.
"Your system module specification cannot be found!
Please contact your distributor."
I cannot directly verify the message as the customer is at a remote
site.
Is it correct to interpret this message as the BDE cannot find the
configuration file 'Idapi32.cfg'
The customer was able to verify that the BDE Adminstrator was using
C:\Program Files\Borland\Common Files\BDE\IDAPI32.cfg as expected.
Any clues as to the cause of the error and how to resolve the problem.
Thanks
Edward Stow