CORBA::NO_RESPENSE with OAD

I have VisiBroker 4.5 for C++. I have implemented an POA object and
registered it using Oadutil. All works fine until when I try to access the
object from client program, I always get CORBA::NO_RESPONSE exception. But
through Windows Task Manager I find that OAD spawns the server object. Then
why it can't response to client's request?
I am struggling for this error. I would greatly appreciate if any body can
work around the problem.
Regards.
Mohammad Towhidul Islam

Re:CORBA::NO_RESPENSE with OAD

Mohammad Towhidul Islam wrote:

I have VisiBroker 4.5 for C++. I have implemented an POA object and
registered it using Oadutil. All works fine until when I try to
access the object from client program, I always get
CORBA::NO_RESPONSE exception. But through Windows Task Manager I find
that OAD spawns the server object. Then why it can't response to
client's request?

I am struggling for this error. I would greatly appreciate if any
body can work around the problem.

Regards.

Mohammad Towhidul Islam
I haven't used object activation, but here are some thoughts:
1) It could be that the server is taking longer than the timeout period
to start itself. See if you can extend the timeout (go for some
ridiculous value long beyond the startup time to ensure that the
application starts) and see if the problem recurs.
2) If that doesn't work, configure the OAD to start your application
with remote debugging parameters and connect to it using JBuilder's
"Attach" option in the runtime configuration. You can then debug the
startup of the server object.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:CORBA::NO_RESPENSE with OAD

You can run OAD in verbose mode and check for any errors. i.e.:
oad -v
HTH
LL
Mohammad Towhidul Islam wrote:

I have VisiBroker 4.5 for C++. I have implemented an POA object and
registered it using Oadutil. All works fine until when I try to access the
object from client program, I always get CORBA::NO_RESPONSE exception. But
through Windows Task Manager I find that OAD spawns the server object. Then
why it can't response to client's request?

I am struggling for this error. I would greatly appreciate if any body can
work around the problem.

Regards.

Mohammad Towhidul Islam

{smallsort}

Re:CORBA::NO_RESPENSE with OAD

Unfortunately, still the problem persists. Running OAD in verbose mode
I find that OAD runs the relevant server process but shows error
message "OAD::(C:\...\myServer.exe>did not activate object", and
eventually returns the exception CORBA::NO_RESPONSE after timeout.
I found lot of developers complaining about similar problem, but wonder
whether has any body got a solution? Would greatly appreciate to have a
solution!
Regards.
Topu
Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
Mohammad Towhidul Islam wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have VisiBroker 4.5 for C++. I have implemented an POA object and
>registered it using Oadutil. All works fine until when I try to
>access the object from client program, I always get
>CORBA::NO_RESPONSE exception. But through Windows Task Manager I find
>that OAD spawns the server object. Then why it can't response to
>client's request?
>
>I am struggling for this error. I would greatly appreciate if any
>body can work around the problem.
>
>Regards.
>
>Mohammad Towhidul Islam

I haven't used object activation, but here are some thoughts:

1) It could be that the server is taking longer than the timeout period
to start itself. See if you can extend the timeout (go for some
ridiculous value long beyond the startup time to ensure that the
application starts) and see if the problem recurs.
2) If that doesn't work, configure the OAD to start your application
with remote debugging parameters and connect to it using JBuilder's
"Attach" option in the runtime configuration. You can then debug the
startup of the server object.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server

info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:CORBA::NO_RESPENSE with OAD

This error message seems to indicate that although OAD was able to
spawn the server, the server could not register its activated objects
with the OAD. To investigate more why this could be happening, I'd
suggest you to:
1. Run the server standalone (without OAD) and try to see if the client
can make successful invocations.
2. When running the server in step 1, make sure you use the same
environment settings that you passed to oadutil (e.g. PATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc.)
You can also post the OAD verbose log and part of the server code that
activates objects.
HTH
LL

Kevin Dean [TeamB] wrote:
>Mohammad Towhidul Islam wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have VisiBroker 4.5 for C++. I have implemented an POA object and
>>registered it using Oadutil. All works fine until when I try to
>>access the object from client program, I always get
>>CORBA::NO_RESPONSE exception. But through Windows Task Manager I find
>>that OAD spawns the server object. Then why it can't response to
>>client's request?
>>
>>I am struggling for this error. I would greatly appreciate if any
>>body can work around the problem.
>>
>>Regards.
>>
>>Mohammad Towhidul Islam
>
>I haven't used object activation, but here are some thoughts:
>
>1) It could be that the server is taking longer than the timeout period
>to start itself. See if you can extend the timeout (go for some
>ridiculous value long beyond the startup time to ensure that the
>application starts) and see if the problem recurs.
>2) If that doesn't work, configure the OAD to start your application
>with remote debugging parameters and connect to it using JBuilder's
>"Attach" option in the runtime configuration. You can then debug the
>startup of the server object.
>
>--
>Kevin Dean [TeamB]
>Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
>www.datadevelopment.com/
>
>NEW WHITEPAPERS
>Team Development with JBuilder and Borland Enterprise Server
>Securing Borland Enterprise Server
>www.datadevelopment.com/papers/index.html
>
>Please see Borland's newsgroup guidelines at
>info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:CORBA::NO_RESPENSE with OAD

Mohammad Towhidul Islam wrote:

I have VisiBroker 4.5 for C++. I have implemented an POA object and
registered it using Oadutil. All works fine until when I try to access the
object from client program, I always get CORBA::NO_RESPONSE exception. But
through Windows Task Manager I find that OAD spawns the server object. Then
why it can't response to client's request?

A very typical error is, you registered the object to OAD as "by
instance" but active it inside your server as "by poa". In this case,
even if your server process was spawned, OAD never saw the server
actives (and response to OAD) an expected object, and therefore, it
threw no-response exception on timeout.