Re: Thread : freezing app.

"Galadriel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i en meddelelse
Or maybe some drivers are not the same between 2k and XP ?
The video driver is the usual suspect.
Try updating the video driver or replacing the video card to a different one
and see if that makes any difference.

Re:Re: Thread : freezing app.

You should try changing the memory banks also.
Good luck,
Ronaldo

Re:Re: Thread : freezing app.

Galadriel wrote:
Marco Caspers a écrit :
<snip>
>This could also very well cause a freeze in the application.
>Mainboard memory controller drivers and video card drivers come to
>mind.

How would you check it ? I can change the video card driver but for
the memory controller ?
Install the driver(s) delivered with the mainboard, or download a newer
one(s) from the mainboard manufacturer instead of relying on WinXP
default drivers. Or the other way around if you did install the drivers
from the mainboard manufacturer, try if the same happens with the
default WinXP drivers for that mainboard.
If you have an identical system where the app does work without
freezing, you could compare version numbers of drivers.
Then You could also compare BIOS settings for memory and other timing
settings. Although this is far fetched as most mainboards nowadays can
detect the needed settings from the memory itself. Provided that you've
installed memory there that does have that ID chip built in..

{smallsort}