Problems Connecting my BDE to MSDE or a named instance

Hi all:
I'm trying to connect my BDE to a MSDE 2000A server, but the BDE returns the errors:
BDE Error: 11277
Cannot locate or connect to SQL server.
BDE Error: 13059
Server Error: 10004
No se puede conectar: el servidor SQL no est?disponible o no existe. No es posible conectar: no existe SQL Server o acceso a
When i try to connect my BDE to a named instance in SQL server 2000, for example: myserver\myinstance i got the same errors.
These errors appears although i connect directly the server, not remotely.
Thanks for your help.

Re:Problems Connecting my BDE to MSDE or a named instance

I had a similiar problem...but only when connecting to local SQL servers (like in your case, an instance of MSDE), remote servers on a network caused no problems. Run your "Client Network Utility" that is installed when you install the SQL server client tools. From there, make sure that "Named pipes" is in your "Enabled protocols by order" listbox, and that it's at the top of your list. Also, from "Enterprise Manager", select your (local) instance of sql server (make sure you registered it within Enterprise Manager, and right click to select properties. In the window that opens, click on the "network configuation" button. In the window that appears, make sure that named pipes is in the list...but I think it is by default, so your probably won't need to change anything. I never looked into why the BDE uses named pipes on local servers and not remote servers...or can't use TCP/IP on local servers, but it fixed the problem so...(I might be wrong about the assumptions I made on the BDE