Re: From Delphi 4 and BDE 5.0 to Delphi 2007

2008-02-28 01:14:51 AM
off-topic7
Borland stopped all development of the BDE many years ago. The last
version of the BDE is 5.2. The version that shipps with D2007 does not
include any SQL Link drivers. The only reason the BDE still ships is
for backward compatibility for apps that use Paradox and dBase tables.
You can install the full BDE 5.2 including the SQL Links drivers by
installing the BDE Info utility at ibinstall.defined.net.
This might be a good time to replace the BDE.:)
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Re: From Delphi 4 and BDE 5.0 to Delphi 2007

Bill,
Thanks. Yes the idea is to go for dbExpress ... but I think the first step
toward Delphi 2007 should be to make sure the application compiles under
D2007 + BDE.
Once there, we are to move from BDE to dbExpress.
-rascal