How to rebuild a FoxPro production index?

Hi
Is it possible to rebuild a FoxPro production index with the BDE. If
there is a data file corruption problem it is usually going to be with
the index file, so it would make sense to catch any problem when trying
to open a FoxPro table, and rebuild the index to try to restore access
to the table.
Unfortunately I can't see how to do this with the FoxPro index format.
The IndexFiles property is not supported for FoxPro, so you can't just
drop the index file. Even if you drop all the IndexDefs, the BDE still
needs to be able to open the index to open the table (I guess the
production index information is stored with the dbf file).
Thanks
Dave