can't edit BDE Admin

I have a computer that I can't edit the values in the administrator, how can I fix this?
It is the version of BDE that came with BCB4.
I don't know what else to give you for info, so I will leasve you with this
Thanks
Andy

Re:can't edit BDE Admin

I will look but I am pretty sure that it is not in 16 colors.
I can open the bde, I can log in to a database but and see all of the values but for instance when I try to edit the sqlpassthru mode, it tells me "cannot edit sqlpassthru mode".
Any thoughts would be great
Andy
"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
If you are running Win98 make sure the display is set to 256 or more
colors. There is a bug in Win98 that prevents some apps from running
with the display set for 16 colors.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:can't edit BDE Admin

Are you on an NT/XP/2000/2003 machine where you don't have rights to make
edits/additions to HKLM in the registry? BDE admin needs these rights to
make changes.
"Andy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I will look but I am pretty sure that it is not in 16 colors.
I can open the bde, I can log in to a database but and see all of the
values but for instance when I try to edit the sqlpassthru mode, it tells me
"cannot edit sqlpassthru mode".

Any thoughts would be great

Andy

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>If you are running Win98 make sure the display is set to 256 or more
>colors. There is a bug in Win98 that prevents some apps from running
>with the display set for 16 colors.
>
>--
>Bill (TeamB)
>(TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

{smallsort}

Re:can't edit BDE Admin

On 16 Dec 2003 11:13:53 -0700, "Andy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Any thoughts would be great

Not without more information. What version of Windows?
98

What version of the BDE?
BDE Admin says 5.01 in the help, is that the one you were looking for?
May I add a note, there has been some UPS shipping software added, could that have lock it?
Thanks for the help
Andy

Re:can't edit BDE Admin

"C P" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Are you on an NT/XP/2000/2003 machine where you don't have rights to make
edits/additions to HKLM in the registry? BDE admin needs these rights to
make changes.
98, Nope
Andy

"Andy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:3fdf5971$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I will look but I am pretty sure that it is not in 16 colors.
>I can open the bde, I can log in to a database but and see all of the
values but for instance when I try to edit the sqlpassthru mode, it tells me
"cannot edit sqlpassthru mode".

>Any thoughts would be great
>
>Andy
>

>"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>If you are running Win98 make sure the display is set to 256 or more
>>colors. There is a bug in Win98 that prevents some apps from running
>>with the display set for 16 colors.
>>
>>--
>>Bill (TeamB)
>>(TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Re:can't edit BDE Admin

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
beats me. It can't be a rights problem on Win98. I assume the BDE and
the BDE config file are installed on your local hard drive (you are
not using a shared copy on a file server).

In BDE Administrator choose Object | Options from the menu and tell me
what the Save For Use With setting is.

--
Bill (TeamB)
I am off today, I will try to remember to get it to you tomorrow.