Members web-site: Question

I have enabled in my preferences to receive e-mails.
Yet in Member Services Detail Info I have:
Contact Preferences : News Mail Email
No emails are sent. Contact from Borland declined by user.
If I do receive e-mails, mail, news - isn't it indication that I will be
contacted by Borland?

Re:Members web-site: Question

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
I have enabled in my preferences to receive e-mails.
Yet in Member Services Detail Info I have:

Contact Preferences : News Mail Email
No emails are sent. Contact from Borland declined by user.

If I do receive e-mails, mail, news - isn't it indication that I will be
contacted by Borland?
My "summary" page also says "No emails are sent. Contact from Borland
declined by user." When I click to edit my Account Details, E-mail,
postal mail, and BDN news are all selected. Only Phone and Fax are
de-selected.
I know I've sent my BDN cookie at least three times, asking why I've never
received a BDN blast. I hit Update on my account details, and it still
says contact from Borland declined by user.
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

Brion L. Webster wrote:
I know I've sent my BDN cookie at least three times, asking why I've
never received a BDN blast. I hit Update on my account details, and
it still says contact from Borland declined by user.
Just updated this section:
bdn.borland.com/article/33494
Turning your contact status back "on"
If you are not receiving email from us even with your "email" and "BDN
news" options turned on, your contact status has probably been sent to
"undeliverable" by some previous emailing issue. You can turn your
contact status back on by setting it to "Enable contact" again. If your
contact status has been turned off either at your request or because of
an email failure, you will not receive any further emails from us until
you enable contact again.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

{smallsort}

Re:Members web-site: Question

How do I change the Pander code?
John.

John Grabner wrote:
How do I change the Pander code?
"You can turn your
contact status back on by setting it to "Enable contact" again."
Contact status = Pander code value
I'll update the "Pander code" on the other page to be "Contact status"
at some point in the future so it's more clear.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:Members web-site: Question

Great, thank you

Re:Members web-site: Question

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Just updated this section:
Thanks, John.
- Leo

Re:Members web-site: Question

Leo Siefert wrote:
Thanks, John.
Sure. The new GetPublished makes this much easier.
--

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Brion L. Webster wrote:

>I know I've sent my BDN cookie at least three times, asking why I've
>never received a BDN blast. I hit Update on my account details, and
>it still says contact from Borland declined by user.

Just updated this section:

bdn.borland.com/article/33494

Turning your contact status back "on"

If you are not receiving email from us even with your "email" and "BDN
news" options turned on, your contact status has probably been sent to
"undeliverable" by some previous emailing issue. You can turn your
contact status back on by setting it to "Enable contact" again. If
your contact status has been turned off either at your request or
because of an email failure, you will not receive any further emails
from us until you enable contact again.
Oh man - It took me five minutes of staring at the page and reading the
rest of the emails in this thread to find it. I was looking for a
checkbox, not a combobox. Why in the world is there a separate drop-down
box saying don't contact me, but I can still tell you to send me emails?
Those should be disabled if I've denied contact?
I've never noticed the Contact Status combobox before, perhaps it's been
there all along, but it's not very distinctive, and it doesn't seem to be
in line, let alone interactive, with the other communication options.
Perhaps a line separating the communication options from the rest of your
account info? Something to draw attention to this one box? Eeek.
--

Brion L. Webster wrote:
I've never noticed the Contact Status combobox before,
I just added it