CloneCursor problems

2007-03-09 03:59:07 PM
off-topic7
I have an application which consists of several threads updating
ClientDataset component.
The main thread allows the user to manipulate data, adding, editing or
removing records. The other threads (implementing ping trough INDI)
update some fields in the same DataSet, which are read-only for the
user (Latency, ICMP messages and so on).
The threads worked fine but they continiously kept moving the cursor
of the DBGrid, associated with the dataset which was very annoying. So
I've decided to use CloneCursor to create another ClientDataset with
the same data and independant cursor as described in documentation.
Now the Ping threads edit cloned (via CloneCursor) dataset, but I see
the changes in the DBGrid (attached to the original ClientDataset),
only for the row of the cursor.
What should I do to make the other rows of the DBGrid update
accordingly? (I use Borland Delphi for W32 2006)

Re:CloneCursor problems

On Mar 9, 9:59 am, XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
[...]
Please disregard this message. It was a mistake in initalization of
the threads. CloneCursor works as documented.