VisiBroker Name Service interoperability

I'm very new to CORBA and I've never worked with VisiBroker
before. I have some questions about (propably) very basic
issues but I'll start with the one which is most important to
me.
Is it possible to write a Java client using VisiBroker ORB to
connect to another vendors CORBA Name Service? I mean I'd like to do this with my client:
"vbj -DORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::Host:Port/NameService"
and I'd like to connect to (most likely) TAO NameService. Would this work ok or is there a better way to do this?

Re:VisiBroker Name Service interoperability

J. Antero wrote:
I'm very new to CORBA and I've never worked with VisiBroker
before. I have some questions about (propably) very basic
issues but I'll start with the one which is most important to
me.

Is it possible to write a Java client using VisiBroker ORB to
connect to another vendors CORBA Name Service? I mean I'd like to do
this with my client: "vbj -DORBInitRef
NameService=corbaloc::Host:Port/NameService" and I'd like to connect
to (most likely) TAO NameService. Would this work ok or is there a
better way to do this?
The short answer is yes, it's possible to use the TAO nameservice with
the VisiBroker ORB, but you'd have to consult their documentation on
how to do so.
www.theaceorb.com/faq/
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]