Call for Papers : progress?

Hello,
my articles is in "In-review" state, still there is no notification recieved
about if any updates to a session titles or descriptions required.
from "speaker deadlines" info due date for this step is April 30 which is
comming
can someone put a comment about this?
--
Serge Dosyukov
Borland Delphi product certified

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

Hi Serge,
my articles is in "In-review" state, still there is no notification recieved
about if any updates to a session titles or descriptions required.
from "speaker deadlines" info due date for this step is April 30 which is
comming
Same here. Nick mentioned elsewhere that the selection has been made,
but I reckon it will take some (considerable) time to input all the
feedback for the hundreds of session paper proposals in the database
before all the information can be released.
Note that the April 30 deadline is for "updated session titles and
descriptions", and no draft version of the papers, yet (those are due on
May 24th).
Serge Dosyukov
Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) Borland Technology Partner
webmaster UK-BUG / DDG Developers Group - IntraWeb Authorized Trainer

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

I got an email from Christine this morning tellimg me which papers had
been acceepted etc
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Falafel Software www.falafelsoft.co.uk

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

Hi Jim,
I got an email from Christine this morning tellimg me which papers had
been acceepted etc
Same here. I can now write papers/prepare sessions for:
- Multi-tier/Distributed Database Applications in .NET
- Using Janeva to Connect CORBA with .NET
- Effective ClientDataSets (and the BriefCase Model)
- ASP.NET Web Forms and Databases *
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) Borland Technology Partner
webmaster UK-BUG / DDG Developers Group - IntraWeb Authorized Trainer

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

Same here, My sessions out... ;o(
not enough space, covered by another author, product specific...
--
Serge Dosyukov
Borland Delphi product certified
Microsoft Certified Professional

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

"Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft)" <[ANTISPAM]serge[AT]dragonsoftru[dot]com>a
écrit dans le message de news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Same here, My sessions out... ;o(

not enough space, covered by another author, product specific...
ditto, ditto, ditto :-((
I hope to set up another OPF BoF session, let's see if we can make it even
more popular than last year :-)
Joanna
Consultant Software Engineer
TeamBUG support for UK-BUG
TeamMM support for ModelMaker

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

Joanna Carter (TeamB) wrote:
I hope to set up another OPF BoF session, let's see if we can make it
even more popular than last year :-)
Joanna --
We tried /really/ hard to get a true OPF session in, but it just didn't
work out. We did concentrate pretty {*word*156} ECO - I know that's not
exactly the same, but, well, it sort of is. ;-)
I apologize that you didn't get chosen as a speaker. We'd really like
to have you come, but it just wouldn't get shoehorned in.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

"Nick Hodges (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

We tried /really/ hard to get a true OPF session in, but it just didn't
work out. We did concentrate pretty {*word*156} ECO - I know that's not
exactly the same, but, well, it sort of is. ;-)

I apologize that you didn't get chosen as a speaker. We'd really like
to have you come, but it just wouldn't get shoehorned in.
No apology required even my wife was disappointed. ;-)
You are tight on a session list...
I might still come as regular speaker, will see... really want to visit
"Building Modular applications in Delphi 7/8. Plugins, Addins, live update"
session <devil smile>
PS. some times I am confused by short words: OPF? BoF?
--
Serge Dosyukov
Borland Delphi product certified
Microsoft Certified Professional

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

On 20 Apr 2004, "Serge Dosyukov \(Dragon Soft\)" <[ANTISPAM]serge[AT]
dragonsoftru[dot]com>wrote:
PS. some times I am confused by short words: OPF? BoF?
Object Persistent Framework - storing objects in a database, XML, Stream,
etc.
Birds of Feather - somewhat informal session at BorCon where like-minded
individuals can get together and discuss topics not covered by an existing
session. They tend to be early in the morning (7am) or late at night
because there's so much else going on already.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

wrote in message news:4085597e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

PS. some times I am confused by short words: OPF? BoF?

The internet is your friend.
foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/index.html - The Dictionary of computing.
It is usually pretty good. This time it was only 1 for 2.
HTH,
Brad.

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

Thanks,
Object Persistent Framework - storing objects in a database, XML, Stream,
etc.
<dream>Will Delphi support XML-based storage of the components (at least
when save to stream/file)?</dream>
Birds of Feather - somewhat informal session at BorCon where like-minded
individuals can get together and discuss topics not covered by an existing
session. They tend to be early in the morning (7am) or late at night
because there's so much else going on already.
Oh, yes. I remember those
--

wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Same here, My sessions out... ;o(

not enough space, covered by another author, product specific...

--
Serge Dosyukov
Borland Delphi product certified
Microsoft Certified Professional
Same here... all rejected. Oh well, that "Tablet PC programming in Delphi
8" will just have to wait for another taker... :)

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

Jacob Thurman wrote:
Same here... all rejected. Oh well, that "Tablet PC programming in
Delphi 8" will just have to wait for another taker... :)
Maybe next year on that one.
In addition, be sure to submit /lots/ of talks. At least 5. 8 is
better. The more talks we have to choose from, the better shot you
have of getting the 2 or 3 that we like, need, and can fit in.
--

Jacob Thurman wrote:

>Same here... all rejected. Oh well, that "Tablet PC programming in
>Delphi 8" will just have to wait for another taker... :)

Maybe next year on that one.

In addition, be sure to submit /lots/ of talks. At least 5. 8 is
better. The more talks we have to choose from, the better shot you
have of getting the 2 or 3 that we like, need, and can fit in.
<tounge location="cheek">
The problem with that is that if you're REALLY good, you might get all 8
talks selected, and then you're swamped, and can't write that many papers by
the conference. :)
</tongue>

Re:Call for Papers : progress?

Jacob Thurman wrote:
The problem with that is that if you're REALLY good, you might get
all 8 talks selected, and then you're swamped, and can't write that
many papers by the conference. :)
Dream on. ;-)