Accessing information bios

2004-10-08 09:30:43 PM
off-topic10
Hi,
I'm developed a program in TB7 to obtain the information of the bios of the
manufacturer mainboard.
How to do this is?
Thanks
Carlos.

Re:Accessing information bios

Carlos Azevedo schrieb:

I'm developed a program in TB7 to obtain the information of the bios of the
manufacturer mainboard.

How to do this is?

Thanks

Carlos.

What do you want to detect? The BIOS manufacturer, the mainboard
manufacturer, the chipset manufacturer or what? Please give us more details.
Greetings
Markus

Re:Accessing information bios

Sorry,
the mainboard manufacturer;
Thanks.
Carlos
"Markus Humm" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
Carlos Azevedo schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I'm developed a program in TB7 to obtain the information of the bios of
the
>manufacturer mainboard.
>
>How to do this is?
>
>Thanks
>
>Carlos.

What do you want to detect? The BIOS manufacturer, the mainboard
manufacturer, the chipset manufacturer or what? Please give us more
details.

Greetings

Markus

{smallsort}

Re:Accessing information bios

Carlos Azevedo schrieb:
Sorry,

the mainboard manufacturer;

OI think it's mostly in some cryptic string which is displayed at
boot-time. This one indeed is in the BIOS (memory location F000h and
following), but afaik not at a fixed place and not of a fixed format.
Why do you need that?
Greetings
Markus

Re:Accessing information bios

"Carlos Azevedo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
Sorry,

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Carlos Azevedo schrieb:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm developed a program in TB7 to obtain the information of the
>>bios of
the
>>manufacturer mainboard.
>>
>>How to do this is?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Carlos.
>>

>What do you want to detect? The BIOS manufacturer, the mainboard
>manufacturer, the chipset manufacturer or what? Please give us more
details.

>Greetings
>
>Markus

Try a Google search on "motherboard identification" I came up with
www.motherboards.org/articlesd/how-to-guides/910_1.html
www.ami.com/support/mbid.cfm (this has a small program to
identify the mother board)
www.computercraft.com/docs/mbid.shtml (this gives the breakdown of
the code displayed at start up)
and many more!!
Hope this is what you are after
Alan

Re:Accessing information bios

I am using ghost to restore images in the computers. I want to restore the
image automatically in accordance with the information of the MotherBoard.
Ats,