Problem with Server GUID

Hi Everyone,
The other day i sent an message to the newgroups titled "Trouble in
Starteam Server Starting up". Unfortuatly i got no response to that
message, so I took the initiatve and re-installed the StarTeam Server
package. That fixed the original problem, but now I created another
monster... The Server GUID fault which is actually my fault as I didn't read
into the pass threads of this newsgroup to realise that I was also to make a
backup copy of the "starteam-server-configs.xml". I I have managed to
re-create the settings in the xml file to all but one the "Server GUID".
When I attempt to start the StarTeam Server for my Development database
Starteam gives me a warning of
"The Session Configuration file does not match the database (GUIDs are
different)"
Does anyone know how to correct this!
Damian

Re:Problem with Server GUID

Hi Guys,
Yippie, im a happy boy now, so don't worry about this question anymore as
I got my server up and running again.
I did a google search on the exact error message that i was getting and
came aross some threads from 22-23 Sept 2004 (between David Hegland and Jon
Robertson) and after reading them made me realise that all I had to do was
extract the Servers GUID from the "S0" table (Field #3) and place that field
content into the right area of my "starteam-server-configs.xml". You
legends, after a week of my Starteam being out of action I up and running
again..
Damian
"Damian Murray" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the kind words - glad to be helpful
:)

news:4406294d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi Everyone,
>The other day i sent an message to the newgroups titled "Trouble in
>Starteam Server Starting up". Unfortuatly i got no response to that
>message, so I took the initiatve and re-installed the StarTeam Server
>package. That fixed the original problem, but now I created another
>monster... The Server GUID fault which is actually my fault as I didn't
>read into the pass threads of this newsgroup to realise that I was also
>to make a backup copy of the "starteam-server-configs.xml". I I have
>managed to re-create the settings in the xml file to all but one the
>"Server GUID". When I attempt to start the StarTeam Server for my
>Development database Starteam gives me a warning of
>
>"The Session Configuration file does not match the database (GUIDs are
>different)"
>
>Does anyone know how to correct this!
>
>Damian

{smallsort}