Managing Customer Info in CR Custom Field For Reporting?

2006-03-11 05:53:29 AM
off-topic13
We have added a custom field to keep track of customers that are
associated with a change request in StarTeam.
We like to customize release notes for customers who report bugs. Some
CRs are reported by multiple customers before a patch is released.
Does anybody have any advice or best practice ideas on how to keep
customer-bug related information in StarTeam?
Our thought is to keep the customerID in a custom field with a separator
character between customer IDs. Then, as needed, a report could be
generated using the SDK.
All suggestions are welcome.