dBase "INSERT INTO" Question...

I am not sure if this is the right forum for my question but I am running
out of idea. So here it is.
We are using Delphi 5 (it's old, I know). We have been asked to convert a
bunch of dBase programs ('.prg') into a Delphi application using dBase
tables for data storage.
Here is the problem: one of the dBase table as a field named 'desc.'
Unfortunately, the name cannot easily be modified since many more programs
are using this table. I understand that 'desc' is a reserved word in terms
of dBase. I also understant that it can be used as a field name when dealing
with a 'SELECT' statement if it is surrounded by double quotation marks.
But how should it be used in an 'INSERT INTO' statement? As far as I can
tell the double quotation marks does not work in this case.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re:dBase "INSERT INTO" Question...

Try "TableName"."FieldName". That should work.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:dBase "INSERT INTO" Question...

Thanks. It does.
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Try "TableName"."FieldName". That should work.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

{smallsort}