D2005 vs D6: midas.dll now fails to load

2005-04-26 07:57:31 AM
off-topic7
Installing Delphi 2005 replaced Midas.dll in Windows/System32
Now, activating a ClientDataSet in Delphi 6 fails.
The message is "Midas.dll failed to load."
We will try replacing the dll with the one from distribucon.com
and post back results. It will require rebooting the server, so
that may be a few days.
Open to other suggestions.
--
Thanks,
Brad.

Re:D2005 vs D6: midas.dll now fails to load

Hmm. Never mind. It seems to have worked itself out.
--
Brad.
"Brad White" <bwhite at inebraska.com>wrote in message
Installing Delphi 2005 replaced Midas.dll in Windows/System32

Now, activating a ClientDataSet in Delphi 6 fails.

The message is "Midas.dll failed to load."

Re:D2005 vs D6: midas.dll now fails to load

Hi,
Have you uninstalled Delphi 6 first?
"Brad White" <bwhite at inebraska.com>wrote in message
Installing Delphi 2005 replaced Midas.dll in Windows/System32

Now, activating a ClientDataSet in Delphi 6 fails.

The message is "Midas.dll failed to load."

{smallsort}

Re:D2005 vs D6: midas.dll now fails to load

No. We are still deveoping in it.
--
Brad White, [DX-Squad]
Vote for CR in future versions of Delphi

news:426d83e8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Installing Delphi 2005 replaced Midas.dll in Windows/System32
>
>Now, activating a ClientDataSet in Delphi 6 fails.
>
>The message is "Midas.dll failed to load."

Re:D2005 vs D6: midas.dll now fails to load

How else would I have known that it failed?
For clarification, this is at design time, setting
ClientDataSet.Active := True;
In the actual application, we use MidasLib, so the dll
doesn't come into play at that point.
--
Brad White, [DX-Squad]
"Jordan Ivanov" <na>wrote in message
Have you uninstalled Delphi 6 first?

"Brad White" <bwhite at inebraska.com>wrote in message
news:426d83e8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Installing Delphi 2005 replaced Midas.dll in Windows/System32
>
>Now, activating a ClientDataSet in Delphi 6 fails.
>
>The message is "Midas.dll failed to load."

Re:D2005 vs D6: midas.dll now fails to load

"Brad White" <bwhite at inebraska.com>wrote in message
Installing Delphi 2005 replaced Midas.dll in Windows/System32

Now, activating a ClientDataSet in Delphi 6 fails.

The message is "Midas.dll failed to load."

I haven't had any problems with D6 and D2005 installed on the same machine.
I work with MIDAS projects in both IDEs and always use the MIDAS.DLL from
2005. Could it be that the MIDAS.DLL is corrupted? Or, are you sure that
it's using the MIDAS.DLL from %SYSTEM%? Check the registry to confirm.
If you come across more details, please let us know.