Re: SQL Server nvarchar type not working with CppB v3

On 27 Jun 2003 05:37:03 -0700, "tom" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

I am connecting to an SQL Server database and my C++ builder version doesn't seem to like the nvarchar datatype; I cannot query tables that contain this kind of field.

I've downloaded the latest version of the BDE from developer support, but to no avail. Can anyone help!?
Any version of BDE only supports features of SQL Server up to version
6.5, because it is based on older network libraries that Microsoft did
not update. You need to use ADO or something like SDAC to access all
the new features...
With best wishes,
-Boris